Hello, readers! Of course, I'm assuming that I'll have readers- how many? Who knows, but I hope and pray that telling of this long walk I've been on (am going on) will help someone in some deep and meaningful way.
First of all, I am a Lutheran Christian woman. I think it is important to mention this because it is what I'm mostly made of. My faith is a huge part of my life's walk and will more than likely be salt and peppered throughout my blogs. Please know that my faith is just that: mine. I am not here to get anyone to believe what I believe. Whatever your belief, take what you need from my blogs and leave the rest. I will not debate religious/spiritual/Christian/Lutheran/Calvinistic/Atheist theologies on this blog. I absolutely refuse! If at some point you feel the urge to debate something I've said, I'm sure you can find theological blogs somewhere else on Blogger. ;)
Also, I am happily married to the best man in the world. We've been married for 13.5yrs and have been through the wringer! My hubs, Neil, is an Army vet and of whom I'm very proud. He served in Iraq during Operation Iraqi Freedom, thus missing out on his daughter's first year of life and his son's 6th year. Any of you who have had to sacrifice time without your spouse as they were over seas, fighting, probably have a good idea of how different he was when he came back home to us. It is so important to note that there isn't a single day that goes by that I don't feel grateful that he came back to us. Not. A. Single. Day. Without saying too much, we made it through and he is back to being his 'me' and works very hard to make sure we have a nice future together.
I am a mother of three children: an 18yr old (man!!!), a 12yr old young lady, and a 9yr old 'not baby'(!!!). What a journey that has been! Of course, my 18yr old had it the roughest as I was a very young mother who was still in her teenage selfishness when he was a baby/toddler. My daughter was a ball of sunshine in a very dark time and still is, despite her hormones! My youngest is our miracle. His big story is that I home-birthed him with no meds. YUP! I wish I could go back and do it that way with the other two.
My God-given gifts are still being realized but the main one I claim is music. I am a musician and feel so proud to say that! My natural gift is that I sing. Over the last 2yrs, I've also been teaching myself piano and I love every single second of it! I can't believe that I can now play the bass clef without having to write the note names on the music! I have been improving and am so excited that one day, I may be able to play for my congregation and anyone else in my community who needs a pianist. There isn't a time that I walk by my piano that I don't just wanna sit down and play. The desire is deep. I do not have to force myself to practice. Ever. Even as I sit here, I want to stop typing and tickle a few ivories. Also, I have become an elementary school music teacher's assistant. Who knew that I would love teaching!? Certainly not me!
Finally, my health. I'm trying to think of a way to not make this a huge paragraph because I will be writing a blog about this very thing! I'll just say that when I was a kid, I didn't care about my health. It wasn't until I was around 25 (when my brain likely matured, go figure!) that I started to become interested. Since then, I've been on a quest for physical, mental, and spiritual health. "My 'Me' Diet" is the name of my blog because there is more to me than just physical health. There isn't a single 'diet' out there that successfully helps people with all we need to be truly healthy! Everyone of us needs to find our healthy 'me'. It's inside of us already; trapped. That, I believe, is why no one could ever invent what any of us need. There is no exact science to help everyone; no formula; no physical or mental cure. Even those of us with great physical health need to work on mental and, spiritual health. There is no sense walking around in good physical health of one isn't content with life as it is!
So, I hope that at least a few of you get something out of my blog, other than the overwhelming urge to correct my grammatical errors! ;) I do not consider myself a writer, but if I write a blog then I am a duck! Wait. I guess I'm only a duck if I walk like on and quack like one. I suppose if I write a blog, I'm a writer.
Enough silliness. Enjoy!
Disclaimer: I am not a medical doctor, psychiatrist, psychologist, pastor, or pope. This entire blog simply interprets my experience, strength, and hope. I write as a lay person just trying to figure her 'me' out. Nothing more.
No comments:
Post a Comment