Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Food for My 'Me'

Happy Wednesday readers!

It's been a pretty good couple of days.  Yesterday I got to Skype with my beautiful friend, Dawn, had a great day at both jobs, but I woke up tired this morning!!  So tired! I feel okay now though I'm sure I'll need a nap in between jobs if it works out.

The thought crossed my mind last night as I was drifting off to sleep that I may want to stop blogging.  Honestly, folks, it's embarrassing for me because I don't have a great self esteem.  I almost feel like (yes, feel) I may seem immature and cocky or like an idiot.

Truth is, I have no idea how I seem to others!  I'm just afraid of being attacked, I think.  I'm afraid that if I talk about the 'wrong' thing, someone is going to call me an idiot and tell me my faith is a farce, or I'm a weakling, or full of myself, or, or, or.  Well, I am full of myself; vain, but in a negative way.  I am constantly self assessing, self correcting, self actualizing, and self criticizing.  I suppose that's pretty much a human trait but I will be reamed for it!  Is that crazy, or what?!?  I am safe!  If there is an off chance that someone is nasty to me on my blog, I can use my mental health tools.  I have tons! I have ones from my Christian faith, a 12 Step program, and tools given to me by counselors.  I also have aromatherapy (thanks, Dawn!), healthy food, and service to others.  I will keep blogging, in spite of my baseless fears.

Speaking of healthy food,I am a firm believer that food is directly linked to most of our physical/mental issues.  It's already been proven to me, beyond a doubt, that the food I eat is the biggest reason I'm so sick.  It's the biggest reason most of us are as sick as we are.  Think about what happens to plants, if not given the correct nutrients!  The same thing happens to us after a long, expensive, and painful journey!  It's also been proven to me that eating healthy is volumes less expensive than eating the average American diet.    Don't believe it?  Take a look at any doctor bill and tell me that several $20,000-$500,000 doctor bills are cheaper than groceries and most people have more than one physical issue that requires more than one doc!  Also, eating 'whole' is cheaper than eating processed.  We just have to be in our kitchens more!  Believe me, I'm fully aware of the next reason people don't eat right- no time.

Priorities!  Where are they?!  We're sick and tired but scoff at those who eat healthy by saying, "I can't afford to eat like that," and then go home and haggle with creditors about hospital and doctor bills.  Don't get me started on prescriptions and weigh loss plans!  Most of those could be prevented if we ate the right things! Those who are young and haven't experienced that yet... just wait!  If you can eat healthy and take actual care of yourself, you will have way less $$ to pay out to docs/drugs/hospitals.  Do NOT  misunderstand and think I'm talking about weight.  I'm not talking about that! I'm talking about health.  Please know that there are millions of 'skinny' people who are dying slow and painful deaths because of poor health.  If we can just eat healthier, most of us will just have to pay insurance costs- which most of us pay, anyway.

I'm sure I don't have to tell you the lack of nutrients that most of the food we eat has.  How many nutrients does fast food have?  Canned?  Boxed?  Even cereal has vitamins added because of how lack-of-nutrients it is!  So many of us live on this junk!  How can body/mind function and be healthy by eating chemicals rather than fresh, raw, plant life?!  Don't take my word for it.  Look into it for yourselves.  I'm no doctor.  All I can tell you about is my experience and what I've researched on my own.  Don't forget that there is an ever-expanding number of docs that are starting to see these things and teach it to their patients.

Also, think about life insurance.  The more unhealthy you are, the more expensive it is!  C'mon people!  We can't afford to be unhealthy!!!  Eat some fruits and veggies!  I, of course, include myself in all of this.  Although I go through periods of healthy action, my mentality takes over and I flunk.  I spend more money on food to feel right!  I wish it were as easy as it sounds.

I've been on this health quest for just under 12 years now, kicked off by Kevin Trudeau, and STILL can't force myself to eat right.  Knowing what you need to do is moot.  I'm finally beginning to realize that my biggest issue is mental and spiritual.  I need to treat this like it's life or death; which it is!

Anyway, I hope y'all have a great day.

*disclaimer- I am not a doctor.  All you have read is strictly my own experience.  You need to talk to your own doctor and do your own research to know what's best for you*

References:

  • http://www.forksoverknives.com/
  • https://www.facebook.com/rawfoodsonabudget
  • CNN- http://thechart.blogs.cnn.com/2012/05/17/usda-healthy-food-isnt-really-more-expensive/
  • http://youngonrawfood.com/
  • http://ohsheglows.com/
  • http://engine2diet.com/
Listening to Celtic Spirit Radio on Pandora
"Celtic Spirit Medley" by Celtic Spirit
Album: Celtic Dreams


No comments:

Post a Comment